Our teachers love Pear Deck!
Along with being a really easy to use (it integrates with G Suite for Education), and a great engagement and formative assessment tool, below are some of the specific features of Pear Deck that our teachers like. In another blog post, I’ll dive deeper into our systems processes for choosing educational technology.
Check in with students
- Use the classroom climate feature to ask how students are feeling at the start of the lesson.
- Classroom Climate Question in Pear Deck
- Present lesson through Gradual Release of Responsibility
- Allocate time for students to work independently on a portion of Pear Deck slide deck
- Utilize multiple Pear Deck slide decks as differentiated “Station” Activities
- Utilize differentiated Pear Deck slide decks in small group instruction
- Pear Deck Student-Paced Overview
Take-Aways – turn the slide deck into a Google Doc for each student
- Students can receive their individual responses on a slide deck
- Google Doc can be used for studying and to continue the learning
- Teacher can use comment feature of Google Docs to provide feedback on a student’s response to a question
- How to Publish a Pear Deck Takeaway